Things to do in Peel and Halton Region with Kids
Keeping kids busy, entertained and having fun can be a challenge so we have come to the rescue with our Local Events Calendar. The caledar highlights all the fun activities for families in the Peel and Halton Region and helps parents plan fun things to do with kids in Brampton, Mississauga, Caledon, Georgetown, Milton and Oakville.
Our Calendar focuses on family-friendly events for all ages near you.
We include all the details of the events and try to keep our lists updated, however please check the organizer website for any updates.
- This event has passed.
Winterfest at Wonderland
November 19 - November 21
WinterFest offers a new season of holiday fun at Canada’s Wonderland where guests will be treated to an immersive holiday experience taking place on select dates beginning November 13. Book and guarantee your 30-minute session on the date and time slot chosen for ice skating. Limited availability per day and per skating session. Sessions are booked on a first-come, first-served basis. Due to COVID-19 regulations, space is limited.
Date: November 13 to December 31, 2021
Sat, Sun, November 13 – November 15 | 3:00 PM – 9:00 PM
Fridays, November 19 – December 18 | 5:00 PM – 10:00 PM
Saturdays & Sundays, November 20 – December 19 | 3:00 PM – 9:00 PM
Thursdays, December 16 – December 30 | 5:00 PM – 10:00 PM
Mondays, Tuedays, Wednesdays, Sundays, December 20 – December 29 | 3:00 PM – 9:00 PM
Fridays, December 31 | 3:00 PM – 9:00 PM
This event features ice-skating on Snow Flake Lake, more than a dozen live shows and holiday entertainment, millions of spectacular lights, and hundreds of beautiful Christmas trees throughout the park, including two 50-foot Christmas trees on International Street.
Join us at this one-of-a-kind holiday event in the Toronto area and make special memories while enjoying the season safely. Bring your family and friends and explore the larger-than-life themed areas, enjoy festive food, shop seasonal merchandise and so much more.
- Glide down the ice on the shimmering, majestic Royal Fountain, transformed for the holiday season into Snowflake Lake. Located in front of the iconic Wonder Mountain and surrounded by beautifully-lit trees and holiday light projections.
- Take a stroll through the Season of Lights where we celebrate the diversity of the holidays with beautiful light displays honouring Hanukkah, Kwanzaa, Diwali, Chinese New Year, First Nations observances, The Nativity and more.
- Browse through a collection of the Greater Toronto Area’s most exceptional artisans and craft vendors – offering wonderful gifts for that special person on your holiday shopping list. Local artists will be showcasing their wares each evening throughout WinterFest, and offering their hand-crafted products from a variety of categories including winter accessories, personal care products, art, home decor, jewelry and apparel.
- Foodies will delight in the homemade holiday fare and other cooking options, including shortbread, hot chocolate and other warm festive drinks.
- Holiday Sing-Alongs and carolers welcomes all to join in an old-fashioned sing-along!
- A picture with Santa is a holiday tradition, and the man in the red suit will be taking toy requests throughout WinterFest.
- Enjoy riding select family amusement rides.