A fun and tasty Easter Dessert Idea – Easter Oreo Balls. This no-bake recipe will be a hit with the whole family. Kids will have fun decorating these delicious edible eggs.
Easter Dessert Idea – Easter Oreo Balls Recipe
This blog post may contain affiliate links. What does that mean? I get a little commission if you purchase using my link, at no extra cost to you.
Now that Valentine’s Day is over the stores are getting filled with everything Easter. After falling in love with the delicious LEGO cake pops I have been wanting to try other recipes where you dip your creations in chocolate. And what could be better then dipping and decorating Oreo Balls for Easter?
This recipe really only needs 3 ingredients: Oreos, cream cheese, and chocolate. It is that simple to make these tasty Easter Oreo Balls! It is best to use chocolate wafers which are made to melt at low temperatures and easy to work with. I picked up white and milk chocolate wafers for dipping and a few other colours for decorating at my local bulk food store. You can also order them online and have them delivered right to your door. For your base chocolate layer there are so many options including [easyazon_link identifier=”B00NAU5CS2″ locale=”CA” tag=”litmiskat-20″]White Chocolate[/easyazon_link], [easyazon_link identifier=”B00NAUDGR6″ locale=”CA” tag=”litmiskat-20″]70-Percent Dark Chocolate[/easyazon_link] and [easyazon_link keywords=”milk chocolate wafer” locale=”CA” tag=”litmiskat-20″]milk chocolate wafers[/easyazon_link].
Remember to melt the wafers in the microwave at 50% power for short bursts 15-30 seconds. NEVER add water or milk to the wafers it will cause them to seize, if they are too thick add a bit of oil to help thin them out. You can use fork, tooth picks or [easyazon_link keywords=”dipping tool for chocolate” locale=”CA” tag=”litmiskat-20″]dipping tool[/easyazon_link] to help you coat the Oreo balls. Tip: When decorating the Easter Oreo Balls use a clean dry paint brush to do any “touch ups” as needed.
No-Bake Easter Dessert Idea
Easter Oreo Balls Recipe
- 1 Box of Oreo Cookies
- 1 - 8 oz Package of Cream Cheese softened
- 2 cups White or milk chocolate wafers
- 1/4 cup Coloured chocolate wafers a variety of colours
- Place Oreos in a food processor or blender. Pulse until they become crumbs.
- Transfer to bowl and mix in cream cheese until you have a dough like consistency. You may not need all of the cream cheese, add a bit at a time and work it in.
- Take approx 1 tbsp of dough and shape into a ball, or if you wish an egg shape
- Refrigerate for 1 hr
- Melt coating chocolate on medium power in microwave, stirring frequently
- Coat balls with chocolate, placed on wax paper lined tray.
- Refrigerate for 30 mins
- Melt coloured wafers just a few at a time and use to decorate the oreo balls. Can use tooth picks or clean dry paint brushes to create designs. If chocolate starts getting hard, microwave for 15 seconds on medium power to melt it again
- Refrigerate until firm. Store in a sealed container in the fridge.
Enjoy making this delicious treat with your kids, they will have a blast decorating the Easter Oreo Eggs! Of course if you need any more Easter Dessert Ideas then there are always the Birds Nest Mini Cheesecakes, Rice Krispie Nests, or Easter Kit Kat Cake.
Love this recipe? Don’t forget to PIN it for later!
More Easter Dessert Ideas
Originally Published March 2013