Spring is here and that means that Easter is not far behind! I thought I would share this cute Easter recipe with you that kids LOVE making. Easter Rice Krispies Nests are easy to make, and a family favorite, they won’t last long around your house I promise you! Plus you can shop for your favourite variety of “eggs”- what will your nests be filled with? Caramel eggs, milk chocolate egss, or even peanut butter filled eggs!
Rice Krispie Easter Nests
Rice Krispies treas are a family favorite around our house. Hubby doesn’t like many desserts, however rice kripsie squares are one his top choices and they always seem to disappear quickly! I always make sure to keep the ingredients on hand to whip up a batch. Using a muffin tin you and your little helpers can quickly transform rice krispie squares into rice krispie nests.
Easter Egg Rice Krispie Nests – A Perfect Activity to do with Young Kids
This is a great recipe to get the kids involved in the kitchen. The can help measure, stir, and make the nests. I know my little Monkey loves to get hands on in the kitchen, I just have to make sure his hands are clean before we start! Here is a throw back photo to when I only had 1 helper in the kitchen! Now I have 3 little helper who want to help with baking, and licking the spoon when we are done.
Easy Easter Rice Krispies Nests Recipe
Easter Rice Krispies Nests Recipe
- 6 cups Kellogg's Rice Krispies cereal
- 1 package 10 oz., about 40 regular marshmallows
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 tsp Vanilla
- Chocolate Eggs in foil wrappers
- Marshmallow Birds
- Chocolate sprinkles optional
- Melt Butter and Marchnallows in microwave safe bowl at medium power stirring every 30 seconds until combined
- Mix in Rice Krispies 1 cup at a time
- Press into greased muffin tins, use thumbs to press down the centre to make nest shape
- Sprinkle with chocolate sprinkles if desired, and top with chocolate eggs and marshmallow birds
Top your nests with marshmallow Peep chicks or bunnies and chocolate eggs. These make a great Easter Dessert Idea as they travel well and are a family favourite. Get creative in the kitchen and make up some of these festive treats for Easter… or any time really!
More Little Miss Kate Easter Dessert Ideas
Post originally published March 2013