Peanut Butter Smores
Last weekend was a beautiful weekend. The sun was out, the temperature warmed up, the kids even got to play in the sprinkler. With the warmer weather means getting outside, thinking about camping, RVing and heading to the cottage. Summer weekends just are not the same without classic summer times foods like Smores! However you don’t always have access to a camp fire to make these deliciously gooey treats. Don’t fret they are other awesome ways to enjoys Smores without a camp fire including Smores Bars and making smores on the BBQ. And that is exactly what we did to make these tasty Peanut Butter Smores!
The kids loved helping to assemble and then eat the Peanut Butter Smores and then afterwards rinsed off in the sprinkler to get rid of sticky fingers. The simple twist of adding some peanut butter to these smores too them to a whole new level of YUM!
Peanut Butter Smores Recipe
- 20 Honey Graham wafers will make 10 Smores
- 1/4 cup Kraft Peanut Butter
- 20 Kraft Jet Puffed Marshmallows
- Chocolate - you can use chocolate chips bars or chopped squares
- Preheat BBQ to low heat.
- Spread peanut butter on half of the wafers and arrange in a single layer in a foil pan.
- Divide chocolate between all of the wafers and place on top of the peanut butter.
- Place 1 marshmallow on each wafer, you could cut them in half to stop them from rolling around and to make a flat surface for the top of the smore, if you wish
- Place a wafer on top of the marshmallow to make a "sandwich", you will have 10 smores
- Cover the pan with foil. Grill with the lid closed for approximately 5 minutes or until the marshmallows are puffed and the chocolate is melted.
- Remove from the BBQ, take off the layer of foil and let stand for 5 mintues to cool a bit before eating.
I know this summer will be filled with lots of outdoor adventures, and I am looking forward to enjoying many more Smores! Find more camping and RV food ideas from Kraft Canada and make this summer a tasty one to remember!
Print the recipe, pin it, share with all your friends and enjoy.
Disclosure: I am part of the Kraft’s Whats Cooking ambassador program. All opinions are strictly my own.