Looking for Outdoor Entertainment for you and your baby, then look no further than Heart Lake Conservation in Brampton. Heart Lake Conservation is located at 10818 Heart Lake Rd, just north of Sandalwood, in Brampton, and provides the beauty of nature as your back drop and a great deal of adventure for kids of all ages. So get outdoors and choose your adventure from all that Heart Lake Conservation has to offer! Heart Lake offers hiking, splash pad and pool, fishing and fitness circuit. This is just one of the 52 Activities you can do on Maternity Leave.
Park Fees: (ADULTS CAN BE FREE TO IF YOU TAKE OUT THE TRCA PASS FROM ANY BRAMPTON LIBRARY – PLAN AHEAD AS OFTEN THERE ARE WAITLISTS)
Children (4 and under) with family FREE
Splash Pad and Pool – CLOSED FOR 2021 SEASON DUE TO COVID
Wild Splash Pad and Pool offers clean and safe water fun for kids of all ages.
|Pool Hours (Weather Permitting)||Admission: Non Members||Admission: Parks Members*|
- Heart Lake offers a fully accessible 840 square-metre swimming pool, that is eight feet deep. My favorite part about this pool is that it is beach style shoreline entry so you can sit in the water with baby as it is shallow enough for them to sit in at the very beginning of the pool. The water has been a fairly warm temperature when I visited in Late June, and Late August. There is a bathroom/change room with change pad located near the pool making changing very easy. On the pool deck there is a large gazebo offering shade and somewhere to sit and eat a picnic lunch. The splash pad is great as it has over 30 wetland themed water features for children to play in, although I did find the water chilly when I tried it in late June. Both the pool and splash pad use State-of-the-art water conservation technology to help recycle the water used in the water area. Both the pool and the splash pad are located in natural wilderness surroundings.
Hiking in the park offers panoramic views of nature in the urban jungle of Brampton. Curved trails, woodland areas, flowered meadows and a small lake offer peace and tranquility from the hustle and bustle of city life. Checkout a Full Guide to 13 Hikes near Brampton for Kids.
Heart Lake Conservation area offers over 8km of trails of beautiful nature to explore. Heartlake has three longer trails: Peel trail (green) is 3.8km, Terry Fox trail (yellow) is 3.2 km, and Heart Lake – Esker Trail (pink) which is 2.8km. Followed by two shorter trails Rayner trail (orange), and Connector Trail (purple) which are both less than a km. The Black star represent Trail Head information kiosks which can provide more information on the trails.
I personally have hiked the Heart Lake Esker trail which wraps around the lake offering beautiful views of the water and wildlife living nearby. The trail is mainly flat and has very slight changes in elevation making it very easy to hike with baby.
The Learn to Fish program is a hands-on program that teaches how to fish in Ontario. This is a great opportunity to learn everything you need to know to have a safe and fun fishing experience.
Over two hours children will learn about fishing in Ontario — and might even catch one!
- Equipment is provided, and the cost to participate in the program is free; however, the fees to enter the conservation area apply.
- Sessions run rain or shine; however, they are subject to cancellation.
- Maximum participation per session is 40 people.
- Recommended age for participation is 6 years+.
- Sessions will run Wednesday to Sunday all summer long, twice daily: 10 am to 12 pm and 1 pm to 3 pm until September 1.
- Each session we will accept up to 20 pre-registered spots, with the last 20 available for drop-in.To register check out the Heart Lake Conservation Website.
The new fitness trail at Heart Lake Conservation Area features four outdoor fitness stations that offer:
- Accessible Fitness Opportunities
- Strength Training
- Cardio Activities
- Enhanced Stretching
Checkout these other Brampton Playgrounds:
Interested in other Outdoor Adventures then check out:
Fresh Air Fun with Baby – Beyond the Backyard Fence
- Downey’s Farm – Farm Playground, Fruit Picking, Corn Maze
- Hike with Baby at Terra Cotta – FREE WITH TRCA PASS FROM BRAMPTON LIBRARY
Interested in things to do with kids in Brampton? Come join our community of Parents: Peel Parents Resource
We do our best to ensure the information on The Exploring Family is accurate, however information and events are subject to change.
Can you help make this article better?
If you have noticed an error, have additional information or would like to share a comment you can:
E-mail us at email@example.com
Find us on Facebook: The Exploring Family
Find us on Instagram: The.Exploring.Family