Phew, it is hard to believe that it is already August! Although when I look back our packed calendar over the last 6 weeks I can see where all the time went – BBQ, Birthday Parties, family outings and more. We have had something going on every weekend so far this summer! This past weekend was no exception with a birthday gathering to celebrate my Mom’s and Monkey’s birthdays. As host I wanted to come up with a tasty yet simple menu that would not take me ages to prepare. One of the snacks that we had out was a delicious yet easy Guacamole Recipe from Kraft Canada.
I will be the first to admit that it was not until the last few years that I developed a taste for Guacamole, but now that I have I enjoy making this summertime favourite whenever I am looking for a quick dish for a potluck. Want to give it a try? Here is my Easy Guacamole Recipe:
Easy Guacamole Recipe
- 2 fully ripe avocados
- 1/2 cup Miracle Whip Original Spread
- Juice from 1 lime approx 2 Tbsp.
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 1/4 cup chopped Red Peppers divided
- 1/8 cup chopped Red Onion
- Mash avocados with fork in medium bowl
- Mix in the rest of the ingredients reserving 1-2 Tbsp of red pepper to top the dish
- Place Guacamole into serving dish and top with remaining red peppers
- Refrigerate until serving
- Serve with tortilla chips
You can also make this with tomatoes instead of red peppers if you like. However the variations of Guacamole don’t end there! Why not try out Chunky Guacamole, Roasted Vegetable Guacamole, or because bacon makes everything better… Bacon-topped Guacamole!
No matter the occasion this easy guacamole recipe is quick to make up, and will disappear in a flash! Enjoy!
Disclosure: I am part of the Kraft’s Whats Cooking ambassador program. All opinions are strictly my own.