Having a tasty home cooked breakfast does not need to be complicated or take a lot of time! Check out this Easy French Toast Recipe that my boys love. With few simple spices french toast is taken from bland to scrumptious in no time at all. Quick tip for making French Toast – Pick a dense bread that will soak up the egg mixture and stand up to the transfer process. For this recipe I used Stonemill Bakehouse 11 Grain Bread.
Easy French Toast Recipe
- 4 Eggs
- 1 cup Milk
- 1 tsp Cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp Nutmeg
- 1 tsp Vanilla
- 8-10 slices of bread
- Preheat frying pan or griddle with a little bit of butter or oil to medium heat
- Beat together all ingredients and pour into a shallow dish
- Place bread in the mixture 1 piece at a time for 15-30 seconds to allow for it to soak up the liquid.
- Flip the bread over and repeat on the other side so the bread is coated.
- Place on the griddle and cook 3-5 minutes until golden brown, Flip it over and repeat on the other side until cooked through
- Serve warm with Maple Syrup, berries or whipped cream
Start you day off right with not only a delicious breakfast, but also with 25% of your recommended daily value of vitamin D with Stonemill Bakehouse! It can be hard to make sure you are getting all the vitamin D you need, and now Stonemill Bakehouse makes it easy with 1 serving (2 slices) of bread providing you with an excellent source of the “sunshine vitamin”.
Stonemill Bakehouse offers many varieties bread with added vitamin D including:
- Chia – 6 Supergrains,
- Sprouted 3 Grains – 3 Grains & Oatmeal
- 11 Whole Grains – Grains & Honey
- 12 Whole Grains – Sprouted Rye
- Omega 3 – Sprouted Flax and Sunflower & Walnut
- Fibre & Fruit – Cranberry Pumpkin Seed
- Flax & Chia – Supergrains
- Sourdough – Multigrain
- Sourdough – Classic French
- Sourdough – Hearty Bavarian Rye
- Sourdough – Belgian Whole Wheat