After a winter that seemed like it was never ever ever going to end you are not going to hear me complain about the heat this summer. However, you might hear me say that it is too hot to cook. Lets face it no one whats to slave over a hot stove, or have the oven on for hours when it is 30oC outside. With lots of hot summer days coming up I am looking for recipes that are easy to make so we can spend our time playing outside and won’t heat up my house to make it unbearably hot. That is just one of the many reasons I love this Easy Slow Cooker Pulled Pork Recipe.
You don’t need any hard to make sauces to enjoy this pulled pork recipe, the Our Finest Original Bold BBQ Sauce is gives the pork shoulder the perfect flavouring that the whole family can enjoy. It is flavourful enough that the adults appreciate the BBQ flavours, but not spicy so the kids can enjoy the meal too.
Want to try a tasty variation of pulled pork, check out this recipe for Yucatan style Mexican pulled pork. Has a couple more ingredients but looks delicious!
Paired with the Our Finest Deluxe Hamburger Buns, Old Fashioned Lemonade, and Kettle Cooked chips this is a meal that you can enjoy as a “picnic” in your backyard. Which is exactly what we did… twice! Store any leftovers in the fridge and enjoy them the next day. We just heated up the leftover pulled pork in the microwave, toasted the buns and it was just as good (if not better!) the second day. Here is what you need to make this delicious recipe at home.
Easy Slow Cooker Pulled Pork
Easy Slow Cooker Pulled Pork Recipe
- Our Finest Pork Shoulder
- Our Finest Original Bold BBQ sauce
- Our Finest Sesame Hamburger Bun
- Cheddar Cheese grated (optional)
- Caramelized Onions optional
- Place frozen pork shoulder in slow cooker with 1 bottle of BBQ sauce and cook on low for 5-6 hours (or high for 3-4 hours). You want pork to be cooked through and tender.
- Remove pork from slow cooker and use 2 forks to shred the meat. Do not discard the liquid in the slow cooker
- Place shredded pork pack in slow cooker and stir into the sauce in the slow cooker. And cook on low for an additional 1 hr
- Toast hamburger buns and top with pulled pork, grated cheese and onions, if desired.
- Serve warm and enjoy!
Print the recipe, pin it, share with all your friends and enjoy.
The Our Finest products can be found in the grocery section of your local Walmart Supercenter, or you can order them online from Walmart.
These pulled pork sandwiches would be perfect to make for a family gathering as you could make the pulled pork ahead of time and then just heat and serve. Enjoy a glass of cold Our Finest Old Fashioned Lemonade on a hot summer day along side a bowl of Kettle Cooked chips and you will have a delicious summertime meal that won’t have you breaking a sweat or breaking the bank when you have guests over.
Disclosure: This post is sponsored by Walmart Canada, as part of the Our Finest program. In exchange this review, I have received special perks in the form of products and/or compensation. All opinions on this blog are my own.