It has been awhile since I made zucchini bread and I forgot how much I like it! When I think about sweet bread recipes I always think of banana bread or even carrot bread first. I was surprised when Monkey asked for zucchini bread, but I am glad he did. If it has been awhile since you have had zucchini bread, you do not know what you have been missing.
The kids loved it and I loved that they were eating zucchini, something I have not been able to get them to eat in any other form. With just a few basic ingredients, you probably have around the house you will be able to make your own moist healthy and easy zucchini bread.
1 cup whole wheat flour
1/2 cup all-purpose flour
3/4 cup sugar (can reduce to 1/2 cup depending on taste preferences)
2 1/4 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
2 large eggs
1/3 cup vegetable oil
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 1/2 cups shredded zucchini (1 medium)
You can also use this exact recipe to make zucchini muffins. Just make sure you lightly grease the muffin pan or use muffin liners so they don’t stick. This recipe is also perfect to make all year long, when zucchini is in season just wash, shred and freeze in bags so you can take some out to make zucchini bread whenever you like.
Print the recipe, pin it, share with all your friends and enjoy.
Best Zucchini Bread Recipe
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 2 1/4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 large eggs
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 1/2 cups shredded zucchini 1 medium
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F and grease a loaf pan.
- In a large bowl stir together flours, sugar, baking powder, salt, cinnamon
- In a medium bowl mix together eggs, oil, vanilla, zucchini
- Stir the zucchini mixture into the flour mixture until just moistened
- Pour batter into loaf pan and bake for 1 hr and 10 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center of the loaf comes out clean.
- Cool in loaf pan for 10 minutes then remove from pan and cool completely on wire rack