Summer is here and so are lots of BBQ and play dates! Looking for a delicious addictive snack idea that is easy to make and only needs 4 ingredients???? Well Smores Bars are for you! It is a good thing it only takes 15 minutes to whip these up, as they disappear so fast you will be making a second batch in no time.
Smores Bars Recipe
Looking for a way to enjoy Smores without a camp fire? With heat wave after heat wave sometimes you want to enjoy Smores without the heat of a campfire. And sometimes fire bans prevent you from enjoying an evening roasting marshmallows. Well fear not, you can still enjoy everyone’s favourite summertime treat without a fire. Try out this yummy Smores Bars Recipe!
Only 4 ingredients!
Summer Dessert Idea
- 1 bag 250g Mini Marshmallows, divided
- 4 Tbsp. Butter divided
- 4 cups Honey Graham Crunch cereal
- 1 bag 11.5 oz. Milk Chocolate Chips
- Grease 9x9 pan with cooking spray
- In a large microwave safe bowl melt 3 tbsp butter
- Add in 3 cups of marshmallows and microwave on MEDIUM power for 25 seconds at a time, stirring in between until melted.
- Add in cereal, and mix until coated. Press into greased pan
- Top with a single layer of mini marshmallows (approx 1 1/2 cups)
- Place in oven and broil on LOW for 5 mins, or until marshmallows are golden brown. Don't walk away for long, marshmallows can burn quickly!
- Melt chocolate chips and 1 tbsp butter in microwave safe bowl on high for 1 minute, stirring after 30 seconds. Repeat until completely melted.
- Spread chocolate over top of marshmallows, and place in refrigerator until chocolate is set.
- Cut into bars and enjoy these delicious Smores Bars
Now there is no need to worry if you are craving Smores but don’t have access to a campfire. These tasty Smores Bars will satisfy your summertime dessert cravings. They are perfect for BBQs and potlucks as you can make them ahead of time and they travel well.
More Summer Dessert Ideas
Frozen Pudding Dot Ice Cream Toppers
16 thoughts on “Summer Dessert Idea – Smores Bars Recipe no campfire required”
Oh I like the idea of making a whole pan at once
Nice and easy that way, however they still do not last long!
Mmmm! What a great idea! Thanks for sharing!
This sounds like such a yummy treat.
I actually used to do a recipe like that and people LOVED it. But I didn’t use Graham Crunch cereals, I used Graham crumbs. Nice alternation!
Oh that sounds good too!
Who doesn’t love smores ? Should have known better than to ask my 9 year old son Evan to look at these GEMS. Response “Mom let’s go to Safeway and get all the ingredients”, thunderstorm right now ….will have to wait….tomorrow. Recipe looks delicious, thanks for posting.
OMG … These look dangerous. Thanks for sharing.
Wow, so easy and I bet they taste amazing. I am definitely bookmarking this recipe, yum!!!
Don’t forget to PIN the recipe to make it easy to find again!
Pingback: 52 Summer Desserts - Five in Ohio
yum im going to try these for my kids!
These sound so good. Thanks for the recipe. I’m sure my kids will love them.
Anything to do with s’mores is a good thing!!
These look really tasty! AND I have all the ingredients in my pantry so this will be one to make for snacks during the holidays!!
These look so nice and easy but so delicious.The kids are going to love this.Thank you for the post.