Summer is here and so are lots of BBQ and play dates! Looking for a delicious addictive snack idea that is easy to make and only needs 4 ingredients???? Well Smores Bars are for you! It is a good thing it only takes 15 minutes to whip these up, as they disappear so fast you will be making a second batch in no time.
Looking for a way to enjoy Smores without a camp fire? With heat wave after heat wave sometimes you want to enjoy Smores without the heat of a campfire. And sometimes fire bans prevent you from enjoying an evening roasting marshmallows. Well fear not, you can still enjoy everyone’s favourite summertime treat without a fire. Try out this yummy Smores Bars Recipe!
Only 4 ingredients!
Summer Dessert Idea
- 1 bag 250g Mini Marshmallows, divided
- 4 Tbsp. Butter divided
- 4 cups Honey Graham Crunch cereal
- 1 bag 11.5 oz. Milk Chocolate Chips
- Grease 9x9 pan with cooking spray
- In a large microwave safe bowl melt 3 tbsp butter
- Add in 3 cups of marshmallows and microwave on MEDIUM power for 25 seconds at a time, stirring in between until melted.
- Add in cereal, and mix until coated. Press into greased pan
- Top with a single layer of mini marshmallows (approx 1 1/2 cups)
- Place in oven and broil on LOW for 5 mins, or until marshmallows are golden brown. Don't walk away for long, marshmallows can burn quickly!
- Melt chocolate chips and 1 tbsp butter in microwave safe bowl on high for 1 minute, stirring after 30 seconds. Repeat until completely melted.
- Spread chocolate over top of marshmallows, and place in refrigerator until chocolate is set.
- Cut into bars and enjoy these delicious Smores Bars
Now there is no need to worry if you are craving Smores but don’t have access to a campfire. These tasty Smores Bars will satisfy your summertime dessert cravings. They are perfect for BBQs and potlucks as you can make them ahead of time and they travel well.
More Summer Dessert Ideas