The most difficult part of being asked to try out the new Maple Leaf Portions Bacon was deciding which recipe to make. They all looked so good, I have made Bacon Waffles before and they are delicious so I decided to try a pasta dish this time. The Rigatoni All’Arrabbiata looked amazing, but I was worried it might be a little too spicy for Monkey to eat, so here is my adaptation: Tomato Bacon Pasta.
Tomato Bacon Pasta Recipe
- 12 Strips Maple Leaf Bacon cut into 1 cm pieces
- 1 Onion finely diced
- 2 Cloves garlic minced
- 1 Orange Pepper diced
- 1 tbsp Dried oregano
- 1 ¼ cups White Wine
- 1 Can 798mL Diced Tomatoes
- 1 lb 500g Dry Fusilli pasta
- ¼ cup Grated Parmesan cheese
- Cook bacon in large pan until crisp. Remove using a slotted spoon, pour out drippings leaving about 1tbsp in the pan.
- Meanwhile in a large pot cook pasta until done and strain.
- To the pan with bacon drippings add in onion, garlic, and peppers. Cook on medium heat for 3-5 minutes until onions are translucent. While cooking scrape the pan with a wooden spoon to get up the baked on bacon drippings.
- Add in Oregano, white wine and simmer until the wine is reduced by about half, about 5-8 mins.
- Add on tomatoes, stir and continue to simmer for 8-10 mins.
- Toss cooked pasta with sauce, and top with crispy bacon and Parmesan cheese.
This easy pasta dish was quick to cook up and the leftovers were just as tasty 2 days later as they were on the day we made it. And don’t be alarmed if your kids pick out all the bacon and eat it first, that is just what my little guy did too but once the bacon was gone he did eat the pasta too!
Disclosure: I am a member of the MLF Connects Program. As part of my participation in this program I have received compensation, however all opinions and ideas on this blog are my own.
30 thoughts on “Easy Pasta Dinner – Tomato Bacon Pasta Recipe”
This looks super easy and really good!! Thanks for sharing. Appreciate it.
This sounds like it could be a family fave! Pasta and bacon are pretty popular at our house with everyone! Looking forward to trying this out.
This would be a salad my dad and brother would actually eat!
That looks great! My son would love it!
that looks absolutely brilliant
Mmmm looks tasty!
Wow, that looks yummy and easy to make too! Thank you.
This looks so yummy! My kids don’t generally like tomatoes but I may get them to eat them in this!
This recipe is very easy and fast. I am going to give this a try!
Great pasta recipe for a quick meal.
Wow that looks really good and can be made fast. I want to try it!! Thanks
I would add a little more tomato sauce for my creation
yummy. I think I might make this for dinner tonight 🙂
That looks so yummy, I will definitely have to try this, my daughter and my hubby love pasta, thank you for sharing this recipe:)
yummy! can’t believe how quick and easy this is to make!
This sounds so delicous. I bet it would be great cold also. Perfect for summer picnics.
This looks so good and easy to make.
Wow, definitely making this this week, looks so yummy. My fiance loves anything with bacon!! Thanks for sharing!
Always love new yummy recipes.
I love bacon! And this recipe seems so easy, will be trying this very soon!
sounds good but then bacon makes everything taste good
Looks great! I bet my kiddies would enjoy this. Easy to prepare also!
Great recipe and the photo is making me hungry too!
a great pasta dish, love the ingredients so I’ll be cooking this this week – it’ll go down a treat no doubt about it.
Love pasta and bacon so this recipe is for me ~ thanks for the post!
This looks delicious and so easy! Microwave bacon is the best time saver!
Sounds and looks AMAZING!! Would have never thought of putting bacon in it!!
Thanks for the idea!!
Amazing,I can see this becoming a favorite in my home real fast..thanks
Great flavor combination!!