If you or someone you know is expecting, chances are a baby shower is on the horizon. Along with all the beautiful baby shower decorations and gifts, come some really cute Baby Shower Desserts. There are so many great Baby shower dessert ideas out there to choose from. The Baby Rattle Oreo Pops fit with any baby girl or baby boy showers, and you can add a pop of color if you know the gender.
Whether you plan on creating a baby shower dessert bar or keeping it simple with just a few offerings, these Baby Rattle Oreo Pops make for one of the best baby shower desserts out there. Plus they are delicious treats made with oreo cookie dipped in chocolate.
Easy Baby Shower Desserts
When choosing what sweet treats you are going to serve, it is fun to get creative and have treats to match the color scheme or party theme. These Baby Rattle Oreo Pops are a great idea for bite-sized desserts to go along with baby shower cakes.
Travelling to the shower? These are perfect. They travel well when made ahead of time and are easy to display upon arrival. The best thing about this baby shower dessert is that it is easy to make and perfect for a baby shower dessert table.
How to Make Baby Rattle Oreo Pops
Disclosure: This blog post may contain affiliate links. What does that mean? I get a little commission if you purchase using my link, at no extra cost to you.
Oreo Pop Baby Rattles are an adorable little treats that are easy desserts as they are a no-bake recipe. These baby shower desserts do, however, take a little time to put together. Especially because you have to give them the time to set.
These are Easy Baby Shower dessert ideas that are well worth the effort. The compliments you will receive on how unique and cute they are will make it all worthwhile. This versatile recipe allows you t match the baby shower theme color to decorate the baby shower candy table so that everything matches the party’s theme if there is one.
If you’re like us and have a sweet tooth for Oreos then check out our Oreo Dessert Ideas for all Holidays Guide.
Oreo Baby Rattle Pops Supplies and Ingredients
- 1 package of Original Oreo Cookies, I like the double stuffed oreo as they fit the sticks better, but regular Oreos work fine too
- 1 package of Mini Oreos
- 3-4 cups of White Melting chocolate wafers for Cake Pops , you can also use pure milk chocolate if you wish as well
- Sprinkles for decorating
- Lollipop sticks
*Tip: Try something different and use Birthday Cake Oreos to change up the flavour of these super sweet oreo rattles!
Must-Have Items to Make These Easy Baby Shower Desserts
You may be interested in this to help you create your Cake Pops as Party Favours:
How to Make The Best Baby Shower Desserts
As said before these mini desserts are incredibly simple to make, and a perfect treat for the mom-to-be and guests. The hardest part is allowing them to set properly. There are a few steps you have to take to create these delicious baby rattle oreo pops.
Open up the large Oreo cookies either by twisting, prying gently with a knife, or heat them in the microwave for a few seconds to soften the filling
Place the lollipop stick in the filling of the Oreo and press down gently, I find it works well if you create a little “groove” with a knife to remove some of the filling where the stick will go
Melt a few chocolate wafers and place in a piping page with a fine tip – a sandwich bag with the corner snipped off works great too.
Pipe a little bit of melted chocolate over the stick and filling and then place the top of the large Oreo on top. Press gently, and repeat for all remaining Oreos to create Oreo pops.
For the Mini Oreos, heat batches of 10-15 in the microwave for 15 seconds, just enough to soften the filling. Then, open and press the filling side into the other end of the lollipop stick.
Place a little bit of melted chocolate on the stick and replace the top to secure, now you have chocolate-covered Oreos to create DIY baby shower cookies.
Allow to set for 20 minutes.
While you wait for the oreos to set, melt 1 cup of chocolate wafers on medium heat. Make sure to stir frequently. Once melted if the chocolate is too thick to pour, you will want to add 1 tsp of vegetable oil at a time until you get the desired consistency. You want your chocolate to be a little runny but still thick enough to properly coat the oreos.
Dip the cookies into or spoon the chocolate over them to coat both the large and small Oreos. Allow some of the excess chocolate to dip back into the bowl, and use a spoon to remove excess chocolate from the back of the “Rattle”. This will help prevent the pooling of chocolate while the rattle sets
Place on a piece of wax paper or parchment paper and before the chocolate sets add your decorative candies and press gently into the chocolate to secure (toothpicks work great for this)
Repeat for all remaining rattles and allow to set for 1 hour or until chocolate has hardened.
Tie the decorate ribbon around the stick. Store in a sealed container in a cool location until serving.
These were a HUGE hit at the baby shower and were gobbled up quickly. Chocolate-covered Oreo baby shower desserts are a great addition to your baby shower menu.
If you need more tasty treats for your winter or summer baby shower you could also serve:
- Sugar cookies
- Sheet Cake – a onesie cake would be a super cute pairing with the Oreo pops
- Mini Cupcakes
- Individual Cheesecakes – like these Chocolate Peanut Butter Cheesecakes
- Baby Carriage Fresh Fruit Bowl
Need baby shower game ideas? Don’t forget to check out our Baby Shower Advice and Well Wishes Box and Baby Carriage Fruit Bowl! These will help to make any baby shower a hit.
Add this recipe to your list of go-to Easy Baby Shower Dessert Recipes!
Oreo Baby Rattles Recipe
Baby Shower Oreo Rattle Pops
- 1 Package Oreo Cookies
- 1 Package Mini Oreos
- 4 cups White Chocolate Wafers
- 1 cup Sprinkles
- 1 Package Lollipop sticks
- Open up the large Oreo cookies either by twisting, prying gently with a knife or heat in the microwave for a few seconds to soften the filling.
- Place the lollipop stick in the filling of the Oreo and press down gently, I find it works well if you create a little “groove” with a knife to remove some of the filling where the stick will go.
- Melt a few chocolate wafers and place in a piping page with a fine tip – a sandwich bag with the corner snipped off works great too.
- Pipe a little bit of melted chocolate over the stick and filling and then place the top of the large Oreo on top. Press gently, and repeat for all remaining Oreos.
- For the Mini Oreos, I heated batches of 10-15 in the microwave for 15 seconds, just enough to soften the filling opened and pressed the filling side into the other end of the lollipop stick.
- Place a little bit of melted chocolate on the stick and replace the top to secure. Allow to set for 20 minutes.
- In the meantime in a medium size bowl melt 1 cup of chocolate wafers on medium heat stirring frequently. Once melted if you find that the chocolate is too thick to pour, add vegetable oil 1 tsp at a time until you get the desired consistency. You want the chocolate to be a little runny, but still think enough to coat the cookies.
- Dip the cookies into or spoon the chocolate over them to coat both the large and small Oreos. Allow some of the excess chocolate to dip back into the bowl, and use a spoon to remove excess chocolate from the back of the “Rattle”. This will help prevent pooling of chocolate while the rattle sets
- Place on a piece of wax paper or parchment paper and before the chocolate sets add your decorative candies and press gently into the chocolate to secure (toothpicks work great for this)
- Repeat for all remaining rattles and allow to set for 1 hour or until chocolate has hardened. Tie the decorate ribbon around the stick. Store in a sealed container in a cool location until serving.
Pin for Later:
Don’t forget to check out our list of Baby Shower Gift Ideas – Canadian Edition featuring local businesses in Canada. We also have a Best Gift Ideas for Mom if you want to spoil Mama to Be instead of baby.
Next time you need to bring a dessert to a baby shower why not make up some Baby Rattle Oreo Pops to help celebrate the occasion! Or maybe you want to try something different and make Oreo balls for a baby shower.
27 thoughts on “Baby Shower Dessert Ideas: Baby Rattle Oreo Pops”
These are so adorable. Great job and thanks.
Super adorable and so simple looking. You’re a genius.
These are so sweet
Those are absolutely adorable! Love that idea – so fun to eat and make!
Pinning for later.
These are SO Cute and such a great idea. If I ever have to make a dessert for a baby shower I will for sure try making these. I like simple.
These are the cutest party favors I have seen. I’m sure they were a huge hit! Now I just need someone to get pregnant so I can make them.
These are adorable and tasty looking baby shower treats! I haven’t met anyone yet who dislikes Oreos!
These are totally adorable, love this idea and they looks fairly easy to make. Pinned it!
Pingback: Oreo Cookie Recipe Round Up - The Knit Wit by Shair
Pingback: 25 Baby Shower Ideas - My Boys and Their Toys
Fantastic idea for a baby shower. Thanks for sharing.
What a cure idea I’m currently planning a baby shower
omg how clever! i absolutely love these and they are perfect for my best friends upcoming shower!! thank you totally bookmarking
These are too cute. Almost too cute to even eat!
These are beautiful, what a great idea for a baby shower, thanks for sharing 🙂
These are just so precious! My daughter had her daughter a couple of weeks ago, but I still may make them for her. I think she’d get a kick out of them! Thanks
These are so cute and so easy to make!! Thanks for sharing!
I will have to remember this one for my next shower!
These are so cute. Had I lived back home in Ohio at the time my great grand daughter was due. I would have loved to have made these and had or took to a baby shower for her. She is my first and so adorable….she’s just 4 months old now.. 🙂
Thank you for sharing… I’m new to the grandmothers club, a little one coming in September I will be making these!
Pingback: Oreo Baby Rattle Baby Shower Pops – Edible Crafts
what a great idea for a baby shower, I have seen it done with cupcakes but this is much simplier and easier to do
Are these freezable?
These were a great idea and easy to make. Everyone enjoyed them!
How many days in advance can these be made? Such a cute idea!
If you keep them in the fridge after you make them you should be able to make them 3-5 days in advance. The only thing I can think of that would be an issue is watching what sprinkles you use. Anything bright red etc is more like to “bleed” colour into the chocolate. But if you put them into the fridge in an air tight container right after you make them I don’t think this will be an issue either.
Pingback: The Cutest Baby Cake Pop Ideas For Baby Showers - Kimberlyn's Blog