The warm weather is unfortunately behind us but we still find ourselves searching for family entertainment, and with the Winter Weather starting to begin, why not keep the kids busy, healthy and active this winter with Skating. Use this as your guide to Skating Rinks in Brampton and Indoor Skating Areas in Brampton. Whether you are looking for indoor ice skating in Brampton, public skating in Brampton, or Brampton outdoor rinks, there is something for everyone to enjoy.
Where are the best ice skating rinks in Brampton?
From Indoor ice skating in Brampton to beautiful Brampton outdoor rinks, there is a fun skating experience for everyone in Brampton. Full list is in the next paragraph. Looking for skating rinks in Mississauga or Skating in Milton and Georgetown?
We have you covered there too. The best part about winter is that Public Outdoor Skating is very low cost, and time spent outdoors during the winter can actually help build your immune system, get you active and help you gather essential nutrients like Vitamin D.
Checkout our full guide of Easy Outdoor Winter Activities for Kids in Brampton, Mississauga and Georgetown or Tobogganing in Brampton or Tobogganing in Mississauga.
Skating Rinks in Brampton – FREE Outdoor Skating Locations
- Chinguacousy Skate Trail
- Duggan Park Skating Rink – This location offers free public skates and drop-in shinny programs.
- Gage Park Skating Trail
- Mount Pleasant Outdoor Skating Rink
- Gore Meadows Covered Outdoor Skating Rink
- Earnscliffe Park Outdoor Skating Rink
- Morris Kerbel Park Outdoor Skating Ring
- Flower City Community Campus Outdoor Skating Rink – This location offers free public skates and drop-in shinny programs.
- Sesquicentennial Park Outdoor Skating Rink
- Peel Village Park – weather depending
- Boreham park – weather depending
Skating Protocols and Rentals
- *NEW* Please be advised that Mount Pleasant, Chinguacousy Park, and Gore Meadows outdoor skate locations now permit the use of City-provided skate aids. A limited number of skate-aids are available on a first-come, first-served basis. Skate aids are thoroughly cleaned between skates. Participants using skate aids are required to provide and use their own CSA approved hockey helmet and full facemask. In addition to skate aids, “Skateez” are permitted on all outdoor skating rinks.
- Skate rentals and helmet Rentals are available at Gage Park & Chinguacousy Park on Thursday and Friday evenings from 5 – 9:45 pm and Saturday and Sunday’s from 10 am – 9:45 pm (weather permitting)
Chinguacousy Park Skate Trail
9050 Bramalea Road, Brampton – Designed in a canal shape that allows easy and comfortable flow for skaters of all abilities to practice their skills. If your not a skater but enjoy watching your kids on the ice there is lots of seating along the trail. The rink can accommodate up to 500 skaters and is 2000 sq metres of ice.
The rink is in the centre of the park between the snack bar and the animal barn. Signage throughout the park will assist in directing people to the trail. Washrooms are located at the rink in the service building, and seating areas for skate changes are available around the canal.
Gage Park Skating Trail
Main St. South and Wellington St. West in Downtown Brampton – Brampton’s original Skating trail located in the heart of Downtown Brampton across from City Hall. This rink is an oval shape and you can skate through the trees while looking at the majestic light display located around the park.
Gage park has been attracting family and friends to come skate for free for years. Washrooms, and change areas are available inside the little hut on property. If you visit on the weekends Friday evening through Sunday afternoon then you can enjoy skating to music played by a DJ or warm up at the fire pit!
Skate/Helmet Rentals and a Food Trailer are operational Thursdays to Sundays. (weather permitting)
Mount Pleasant Community Rink
100 Commuter Drive, Brampton (North of Mount Pleasant GO Station) – Located in the heart of the Mount Pleasant community area of Brampton. This a rectangular shaped rink that is often very quiet and not as busy as the other rinks in Brampton.
There are washrooms available inside the Mount Pleasant library during opening hours. Skate rentals and change rooms are NOT available at this location however benches are provided around the skating rink for changing skates.
Gore Meadows Community Rink
10100 The Gore Rd, Brampton – Located in the heart of the Gore Meadows community area of Brampton. This rink is nearly 900 sq ft and features a covered roof that protects the rink from the elements especially the sun that melts the snow. The rink also features two accessible washrooms and one universal change room with lockers.
This rink is also used for shinny and hockey games from time to time, so make sure you check the skating schedule before heading out to avoid disappointment.
Earnscliffe Park Outdoor Skating Rink – artificial Ice
44 Eastbourne Drive, Brampton (Clark Boulevard and Eastbourne Drive) –
Morris Kerbel Park Outdoor Skating Rink – artificial ice
292 Conestoga Drive, Brampton (North of Bovaird Drive East and Conestoga Drive) – Washrooms are available. Benches are provided in designated areas for changing skates
Flower City Community Campus Skating Rink – artificial ice
8870 McLaughlin Road, Brampton (Southwest Corner of McLaughlin & Queen Street West) – Washrooms are available. Benches are provided in designated areas for changing skates
Sesquicentennial Park Outdoor Skating Rink in Brampton
1133 Bramalea Road, Brampton – This is a natural ice rink without a refrigeration system to assist in maintaining the ice. Usability can change quickly depending on the weather.
Outdoor Community Skating Rinks in Brampton
The city of Brampton also supports outdoor community rinks around the city. These smaller neighbourhood-based rinks are maintained by a local neighbourhood rink committee for the enjoyment of the neighbourhood. You can find them in smaller local parks across the city.
Skate Sharpening Locations in Brampton
Need to get your skates sharpened before hitting the ice in Brampton? There are several different establishments to choose from that will ensure your skates are ready to go.
- Procut 2 Skating – 100 Westcreek Blvd Unit 1, Brampton, ON L6T 5V7
- Skate Rental Plus – 15 Main St S, Brampton, ON L6Y 1M8 at Gage Park
- Sportchek BCC – 25 Peel Centre Dr, Brampton, ON L6T 3R5
- Sportchek Trinity Commons – 30 Great Lakes Dr, Brampton, ON L6R 2K7
- Play it Again Sports – 370 Main Street, Unit 104, Brampton, ON L6V 4A4
- Skate sharpening is available at Gage Park & Chinguacousy Park on Thursday and Friday evenings from 5 – 9:45 pm and Saturday and Sundays from 10 am – 9:45 pm (weather permitting).
Map of Brampton Outdoor Skating Locations:
Want to stay in the know with all things local? Don’t forget to join our locally focus Facebook group: Parents Resource
Can you help make this article better?
If you have noticed an error, have additional information or would like to share a comment you can:
E-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Find us on Facebook: The Exploring Family
Find us on Instagram: @The.Exploring.Family