This one is going to be a special summer as it will be the first time that I have been home all summer with a kid. As a teacher I have always had summers off, but this is the first time I have had a little sidekick to spend the time with. 3 weeks in and we are having a blast… we have already visited Kincardine, Sauble Beach, Grand Bend, South Hampton and enjoyed countless splash pads and parks. I want to make the most of our summer with some fun family adventures while we have the flexibility of being off from school/work as there are lots of things to do in Ontario. Now going all these places can be expensive so below I have offered you promo codes or discounts to help your wallet as there are tons of places to visit in Ontario this summer! Who said summer had to be costly, you just need to know where to look for discounts!
We are excited to be launching our new Family Travel Series: DISCOVER NORTH AMERICA: A Family Travel Insiders Guide where parents share their travel adventures featuring locations in Canada and the United States and give us tips on what to do with babies, toddlers and kids in places
they have experienced themselves.
How to Save on Summer Attractions in Ontario
Celebrate a Summer of Savings by using the following discounts and coupons to make summer adventures more affordable as there are lots of day trips from Toronto.
Marble Slab Creamery
If you are an AIR MILES Collector Number: sign in with your collector numbers and email address to get your promo code. Then show your promo code at your local Marble Slab Creamery to get a free small ice cream!
You can claim 1 promo code per month from June 3 to July 31, 2019. Any unused promo codes will expire after 11:59:59 p.m. ET on July 31, 2019.
2019 Fun Pass
The 2019 Fun Pass allows free admission for up to two elementary students when visiting with a paying adult. The Fun Pass offers over $400 in savings to families and encourages all Ontario families to explore and discover many of the great attractions Ontario has to offer.
16 Popular attractions:
- Kleinburg: McMichael Canadian Art Collection
- Midland: Sainte-Marie among the Hurons
- Penetanguishene: Discovery Harbour
- Toronto: Ontario Science Centre, Royal Ontario Museum , Art Gallery of Ontario and Elgin and Winter Garden Theatre (tours only)
***20% off Adult Admission at Ontario Science Centre***
*** $3 OFF Adult Admission at Royal Ontario Museum ***
- Sudbury: Science North
- Thunder Bay: Fort William Historical Park
- Dresden: Uncle Tom’s Cabin Historic Site
- Brockville: Fulford Place Museum
- Kingston: Fort Henry National Historic Site
- Morrisburg: Upper Canada Village
- Burlington: Royal Botanical Gardens
- Niagara Falls: Butterfly Conservatory, and Old Fort Erie
- Queenston: Laura Secord Homestead
You can get the coupons for the 2019 Fun Pass Here!
Cash in Air Miles for Toronto Attraction Coupons
If you are an avid collector than you can cash in some of your reward miles for free admission tickets to attractions. We used ours to visit the Toronto Zoo last spring. Check out the rewards and possible attractions tickets on Airmiles Rewards Page.
Attractions Ontario Coupons
There are lots of things for kids to do in Toronto and are also many southwestern Ontario day trips that are only a short drive away from the heart of the city. These coupons will help your family seethe tourist places in Ontario at a fraction of the cost.
- African Lion Safari – $2 OFF Admission
- Bingeman’s Big Splash – $6 OFF Admission
- Niagara Falls Bird Kingdom – $3 OFF Admission
- Canada’s Wonderland – $12 OFF Admission
- CN Tower – 15% OFF Admission
- Glow Zone Brampton – 25% OFF Admission
- Hockey Hall of Fame – $4 OFF Admission
- Medieval Times – $42.95 Adults, $32.95 Kids
- Ontario Science Centre – 20% OFF Admission
- Playdium – Enjoy $10 FREE with the Purchase of $35
- Reptilla – FREE Kids Pass
- Ripley’s Aquarium – 10% OFF Admission
- Royal Ontario Museum – $3 OFF Regular Admission
- Santa’s Village – $5 OFF Admission
- Sky Zone – $5 OFF Open Jump Times
- Toronto Zoo – $10 OFF Admission
- Tree Top Trekking – $10 OFF Admission
- Wet N Wild – $10 OFF Admission
Brampton Library – Free Passes
Toronto Region Conservation Authority and Credit Valley Conservation Family
Pass entitles up to 6 individuals in one vehicle general admission to the Toronto Region Conservation Authority, and to the Credit Valley Conservation. They cannot be renewed. Passes can be obtained at Circulation Desks/Customer Service Points.
PAMA Family General Admission Pass
Pass entitles 1 family (2 adults and 5 children) general admission to the Peel Art Gallery Museum and Archives (PAMA). They cannot be renewed. Passes can be obtained at Circulation Desks/Customer Service Points.
GROUPON SUMMER DEALS
Save by buying tickets from Groupon. $22.95 for a Day Pass!
FALLSVIEW INDOOR WATERPARK
Save by buying tickets from Groupon. $66 for 2 Day Passes!
HORSESHOE RESORT DAY PASS
Horseshoe Day Pass – Save by Buying from Groupon. $99 for Day Pass for 4! Regular $160
Includes unlimited access to Mini Golf, Chair Lift Rides, Dual Inflatable Obstacle Course, Skate and Bike Park, Disc Golf, Inflatable Maze, Ninja Obstacle Course and Lake Horseshoe Activities for the day.
*Please note that the Horseshoe Pass does not include the Wakeboard Cable, Slip & Slide, Red Horse Mining, Biking or Yamaha Raptor Rides.
** This list is only a few of the Best Places to Visit in Ontario in Summer, so we will continue to add as we keep exploring Ontario Day Trip Ideas **
We are excited to be launching our new Family Travel Series: DISCOVER NORTH AMERICA: A Family Travel Insiders Guide where parents share their travel adventures featuring locations in Canada and the United States and give us tips on what to do with babies, toddlers and kids in places they have experienced themselves.
Included in our DISCOVER NORTH AMERICA SERIES is local Ontario Day Trips.
Here are some of the Day Trips in Ontario that we have taken over the years. We will share our review of the location and share any tips or tricks we have learned through our visits to the following tourist attractions in Ontario. The great thing about living in the Greater Toronto Area is that there are lots of places to visit near Toronto some within commuting distance by public transit and others are short trips from Toronto.
Place to go in Ontario with the Kids this Summer
July is wrapping up and the kids are bored of the same old parks and playgrounds in your local neighbourhood, then why not check out the best places to visit in Ontario with the kids. Each place on the list will interest different kids, from roller coasters to science experiments to animals there are so many fun Toronto Day trips. If you are looking for Ontario Vacations then check out our Family Travel Series: Discover North America.
Niagara Falls – It has been 2 years since our last trip to the Falls and we are overdue to go back. There are so many things to do in Niagara Falls including visiting the Butterfly Conservatory and Journey Behind The Falls. This is one of the best places to see in Ontario as it is a natural wonder of the world. We are planning to enjoy a 2 night getaway spending some time at Niagara Falls and Clifton Hill as well as going to Great Wolf Lodge for the first time. There are even lots of fun things to do on a rainy day!
Canada’s Wonderland – Monkey asked the other day “Mom can we go to the museum with the dinosaurs that move and the rides?”. Ummmm, you mean Canada’s Wonderland? Kids are too cute, but Canada’s Wonderland is for sure on our list of places to visit this summer even with young children there is lots to do. I am hoping this year we will have time on our visit to explore Splash Works as we have not visited that area of the park yet. Canada’s Wonderland also hosts Halloween Haunt and starting this year 2019 a Winter Wonderland Event. This is often an Ontario destination that many tourists visit so be prepared that it can be quite busy. Even if your not a Roller Coaster lover there is lots of fun things for everyone to enjoy so check out What to do if you don’t love roller coasters.
Hiking – I want to hit the trails this summer with they boys. Of course baby Roo will be there too, but likely in a carrier on my back! There are so many different trails to explore all over Ontario, just take a moment to check out some in your local area. It does not take a lot of planning to go out for a short hike or a little picnic lunch. Don’t forget to visit Ontario Parks, our favourites are Balsam Lake, MacGregor Point, Algonquin and Silent Lake. If you are looking for a stroller friendly hike than checkout Terracotta. Ontario Parks are some of the most beautiful places in Ontario as they are peaceful, quiet and relaxing while offering many family friendly activities.
Wasaga Beach – We headed to the beach for the first time with the kids last summer. I was a bit worried about how busy it would be and how the boys would handle it, but it was a blast! I can’t wait to go again this summer. Pack a lunch, water bottles, towels and sun screen and off you go.
Centre Island – A short ferry ride from downtown Toronto will have you relaxing on the beautiful Toronto Islands in no time at all and are a great Toronto trip. Take the kids on a Pirate Life adventure, enjoy a stroll through Far Enough Farm or spend some time relaxing on the beach. There are lots of options for how you can spend your day on the island and enjoy some of the fun things to do in Ontario.
African Lion Safari: I highly recommend taking the bus tour as it allows the kids to move side to side to see the animals and the African Lion Safari staff are great at pointing out animals that you may have missed. See our full review and Tips on Exploring African Lion Safari.
Toronto Science Centre: This year celebrates 50 Years at the Ontario Science Centre and their are so many great events going on to celebrate. Checkout Kidspark for tons of fun for kids of all ages as it offers hands on exploration of science including learning about the human body.
Medieval Times: An excellent dinner show that features, horses, knights and princesses. Enjoy a feast that resembles the Medieval time period while enjoying a show of joasting! People are often looking for places to visit in Ontario for the weekend and Medieval times would be an excellent choice for families of all ages.
Santa’s Village: A fun day celebrating Christmas in the summertime while taking in the amusement park rides that are made for families with young children.
Summer Day Trip Gear: 10 Mom Must Haves
Disclosure: This post contains affiliates that earn us a small amount if you click through and purchase through our recommendation.
Now with a toddler this summer I could not live without the following products as we use them everyday. I love my SmarTrike Stroller, Dreambaby Fan, Dreambaby Cell Phone Holder, Skip Hop Diaper Change Pad, Skip Hop Stroller Bag, Brita Water Bottle, Munchkin 360 Sippy Cup and Snack Cup as well as Huggies Swim Diapers and a Hooded Towel. These are all products that I use with my stroller or have packed in my diaper bag to make Day Trips easy with a Toddler! These are all essentials to planning for a great day trip in Ontario.
- SmarTrike Minimi Stroller: This stroller can be opened in an easy, one-handed movement as the Minimi goes from compact-closed to open, and ready to explore in a matter of seconds. I love that this stroller is both sturdy and lightweight which is perfect for day trips. It includes a large comfortable and reclining seat allows napping on-the-go and a built in foot rest for extra comfort. Checkout our full Review of the SmarTrike Minimi Stroller.
- Dreambaby Fan: Keep baby comfortable and cool with this clip on stroller fan that has foam blades making it super safe for the curious toddler.
- Dreambaby Cell Phone Holder: While your out and about exploring you will need somewhere to hold you phone so this hands free attachment is perfect for your smartphone.
- Skip Hop Diaper Change Pad: The perfect portable change pad cover that folds up into a handy case that has a pocket for wipes and diapers making it a portable diaper bag. Includes a Front zipper pocket for keys, wallet, phone, and a Strap with clip with hangs on stroller or wrist.
- Skip Hop Stroller Bag:
This stroller bag fits almost all strollers and can hold bottles and coffee cups in the separate cup holders within the bag as well as provides space for extra loose items like soothers. The Zippered pockets to hold valuables and detachable wristlet for errands on-the-go make this stroller bag the ideal choice.
- Munchkin Snack Cup and Munchkin 360 Cup: The cup is easy for toddlers to hold and the cup features dentist recommended spoutless design and automatically seals when toddler is done drinking leading to less leaks. The Munchkin snack cup also your toddler to put their hand into the cup and pull out their own snack but the plastic cover keeps snacks in the cup.
- Huggies Swim Diapers: Diapers that are designed for water without swelling making them perfect for every splash pad and pool you visit this summer. They have easy open adjustable sides.
- Hooded Towel: Great to wrap up the kids after they get out of the splash pad or pool.
- Sunday Afternoon Hat: Kids love the sun and it is important to protect them from the UV rays. This hat is made out of sun smart fabric and the back veil protects necks from the sun and it the perfect hat for the all day adventurer.
- Brita Water Bottle: No matter where we end up I will have our [easyazon_link identifier=”B004GN6QV4″ locale=”CA” tag=”litmiskat-20″]BRITA water bottles[/easyazon_link]with us so that we can have great tasting water no matter where we are. The BRITA Sport Filtered Bottle is perfect to toss in our day bag as we head out the door so that we can all say hydrated while on the go. I am still nursing Baby Roo so it is important for both of us that I keep my hydration levels up. Plus staying hydrated is important not only for us but also to help prevent heat stroke in children as well.
When you are surrounded by water, like when you are at the beach or at the water park it can be easy to forget to drink water. Having a water bottle close at hand is a great way to help you remember to keep your fluid intake up as you enjoy your day trip out. Find out where you can pick up your [easyazon_link identifier=”B00BG53MPS” locale=”CA” tag=”litmiskat-20″]BRITA water bottle[/easyazon_link] and stay hydrated this summer.
What are your summer plans? Will you be taking any day trips in Ontario or other places? Don’t forget to pack some Easy Snacks for Road Trips.
Our favourite road trip snack is Baby Gourmet Organic Slammers! Available at Walmart! They are Organic Fruit, Vegetable & Grain Snack – One full serving of fruits and vegetables – Excellent source of vitamin C – No added sugar – Nut Free!